Designing a Road in CDS is basically a 10 step process.
Click the links below, and a CDS Screen at each stage of the process will appear in the frame at
See Road Design Tutorial for a full description of the process.
1. Define Horizontal Alignment - including Spiral Curves
2. Extract Profiles & Sections along the design alignment
3. Define Vertical Grading including Vertical Curves
4. Define Cross Section template, or templates
5. Position & Review Templates
6. Apply Superelevation where necessary
7. Check Quantities
8. Design Iterations - repeat the loop of steps 3 through 7 until you are satisfied with balance of cut/fill
9. Store & Model Design Points
10. Produce Design Drawings incorporating Plans, Profiles & Sections - including quick & easy way to put chainages along the alignment plan.